Process Hacker and Windows discussion

kiaran

Collapse by default not working for services.exe

24 Jun 2020 21:49

Hello,

the last couple of versions seem to ignore the context menu setting "Miscellaneous > Collapse by default" for one specific item: services.exe.
I am using the nightly builds, updating from the "Help > Check for Updates" menu item.
When I enable that setting, for services.exe, I can see it getting saved in the usernotesdb.xml file. When I exit Process Hacker, the setting is still present in the file. When I then start PH again, the setting is still there, however the processes tree below services.exe is not collapsed. I can then see that the "Miscellaneous > Collapse by default" menu item is not checked and the setting disappears from the usernotesdb.xml file if I don't re-enable it before exiting PH.
The only way to have the collapse work "automatically" for services.exe, is to enable it and do a search and clear the search, i.e. type any one character and backspace to delete it.
The collapse by the arrow on the left side also works just fine of course.
This started at the same PH version in two different computers with Windows 10 x64 version 1909.
Process Hacker (x64) is installed as a portable version in a non system protected folder (C:\Bin\processhacker\) and it's being started with administrative rights ("... + (Administrator)" is displayed in the titlebar). The two settings files, processhacker.exe.settings.xml and usernotesdb.xml, are in the same folder as the program itself.

Kind regards

dmex
Admin

Re: Collapse by default not working for services.exe

25 Jun 2020 03:22

the last couple of versions seem to ignore the context menu setting "Miscellaneous > Collapse by default" for one specific item: services.exe.

Thanks, I've fixed the issue in the latest nightly build :thumbup:

kiaran

Re: Collapse by default not working for services.exe

25 Jun 2020 14:54

Hello dmex,

indeed, it now works as intended.
Thank you for the swift resolution.

Kind regards