Process Hacker and Windows discussion

Temtaime

Linux style cpu usage

15 Feb 2018 12:23

Sometimes it's difficult to understand one core loading per app on multi-core systems.
I have 16-core cpu and if one app uses 1 thread to 100% it shows cpu usage as 6.25%.
It'd nice to have a check box that shows 100% if app uses 1 thread, 200% if app uses 2 cores, same as in linux.
Thanks.

viksoftru

Re: Linux style cpu usage

15 Feb 2018 15:26

That is, it is difficult for you to understand that the sum of the parts can not be greater than the whole? :) And for me the example given by you is not clear. Press Ctrl-I and on the CPU tab, check the output of individual graphs for each ALU. Get the usual presentation for you.

Temtaime

15 Feb 2018 16:49

It is just more convenient to compare and check how many cores are busy by a process.
Yes, it works in the graphs. But just a checkbox in the settings that multiplies cpu usage column by core number is a nice feature.

viksoftru

16 Feb 2018 18:44

I think you misunderstood me - in a multiprocessor computer, a user has access to N parallel independent single-task processors, but at the same time he works in one computing installation and PH displays summary information about the use of computer resources on the tray icon or the general schedule in System Information in general - because it is for them that we can judge whether we can assign a new task to the machine and whether it will lead to a delay in the performance of our work.

Yes, in principle, the load sensors of individual CPU's, can be output to the control console, but this will lead to the dispersal of the operator's attention and the increase in the frequency of making erroneous control decisions. Moreover, the more similar sensors will be displayed, the higher will be the fatigue of the operator and the more often he will make mistakes - here the restriction on the number of simultaneously visually readable sensors is imposed by our physiology.

So at the moment the PH display system allows to provide an optimal balance between the detail of the output information and the person's fatigue, and hence the frequency of his mistakes.

Temtaime

20 Feb 2018 09:43

I think it's you who misunderstood me.
It is only a feature request to make a checkbox that changes CPU usage column as it is shown in linux utilities atop/top/etc. I think it is not so hard to add.
Please, don't describe me why it is not needed for me.

mercator
New User

13 Apr 2018 09:27

Sorry to make this thread alive again, but I was looking for a similar feature after I found that the process that was using 12.5% all the time was simply hogging one of my cores. I would like to have the option to multiply the cpu % by the number of cores as well. A nice benefit is that it is easier to detect what processes are using multple cores (>100%).

So even though the author doesn't see use for himself I hope it can be added for those that do.

Michaelscopy

Linux style cpu usage

04 Jul 2018 00:28

OK: but where should I put those files once they are on the machine running Linux PPC?

Michaelscopy

Linux style cpu usage

14 Jul 2018 05:51

For the Linux port, it may just be simpler to run WME in WINE under Linux. Have you tried this?

Cheers.

komayyamok
New User

10 Aug 2018 13:30

Sorry to make this thread alive again, but I was looking for a similar feature after I found that the process that was using 12.5% all the time was simply hogging one of my cores. I would like to have the option to multiply the cpu % by the number of cores as well. A nice benefit is that it is easier to PhenQ Review detect what processes are using multple cores (>100%).

So even though the author doesn't see use for himself I hope it can be added for those that do.
It was the best time to make these things towards those hectic moments

johnyjackson
New User

30 Aug 2018 08:21

It was the best time to make these things towards those hectic moments.I would like to have the option to multiply the cpu % by the number of cores as well. A nice benefit is that it is easier to PhenQ Review detect what processes are using multple cores
I found that the process that was using 12.5% all the time was simply hogging one of my cores.

Sander_Bouwhuis

11 Aug 2019 05:47

I too would like to have this option. If the original developer doesn't know how to develop this, maybe a mod developer can do it?

TETYYS
Contributor

22 Dec 2019 11:19