Process Hacker and Windows discussion

tedmed

Move process to another group

05 Jun 2018 08:11

I have a program which can not be closed. I know msconfig, services.msc - nothing helped.
I saw in process explorer that this program is in group of system processes - this group is controlled by services.exe in windows\system32. These processes don't start if i launch windows in safe mode.
All manually started programs (browser, games etc.) are in group explorer.exe. I wonder if it's possible to move that process from services.exe group to explorer.exe non-system group?

TETYYS
Contributor

Re: Move process to another group

08 Jun 2018 13:36

You are asking to run a service program as a normal program which would require modification of your said program.

If you just want to terminate it, you'd need to give more details about this program: what's the name of the program? why can't you terminate it (what error does it throw)?

tedmed

09 Jun 2018 12:38

It's bitdefender total security which has 3 main processes: bdagent, vsserv and updatesrv.
In safe mode i disabled these processes' automatic startup.If i run these processes in safe mode, i can kill them in task manager. In safe mode i was able to change owner and other things in security tab. But in normal (non-safe) mode all these things have no effect. Because these processes are in group of system processes.

TETYYS
Contributor

09 Jun 2018 12:40