Process Hacker and Windows discussion

wj32
Founder

WindowExplorer

13 Jul 2011 01:18

The WindowExplorer plugin allows you to view the window tree for the entire desktop (View > Windows), a process (Miscellaneous > Windows), or a thread (Windows):
Windows.png
Right-click on a window to access more features:
Window Menu.png
Double-click on a window to view its properties. Note that WindowExplorer installs a hook in order to retrieve the window procedure address. This will cause WindowExplorer.dll to be loaded into most user processes.
Window Properties.png
Window Properties.png (20.23 KiB) Viewed 13776 times

Minimus

Re: WindowExplorer

07 Sep 2016 11:07

Please add options to change window properties like size, position, size grip on/off, etc.

thx :-)

dyingjedi
New User

30 Dec 2016 15:01

+1 thank you for what you've done. I'd really like if you could add windows placement recall when apps are open or closed is this possible? I keep my taskbar on the top of my screen W10Pro and windows will populate under the taskbar or when a process get called to front taskbar will be above every freaking windows! Hi5 and thank you!

Justin Cram
DyingJedi
Please add options to change window properties like size, position, size grip on/off, etc.

thx :-)

xul8tr

28 Jan 2019 20:10

On github, there is someone who has actually added all the features i'd like to see incorporated into the WindowExplorer plugin. I've attached the binary and the source code from the github in case it goes away some day.

https://github.com/BissetJ/winspy

winspy-1.1.0.1
Attachments
winspy.zip
(226.1 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
winspy-master.zip
(131.67 KiB) Downloaded 226 times