Process Hacker and Windows discussion

viksoftru

Re: Newest Process Hacker triggering VAC kicks on Steam

07 Sep 2016, 01:41

So what? Process Hacker is a debugger, but from the point of view of developers VAC is evil because Mr. Mikhalkov N.S. promoting notorious "tax on ingot" said "... in the computer, phones, the HDD, printers and other digital devices, users can store or reproduce the copyrighted work, therefore they need to charge a tax for potential copyright infringement! ..." :) then the same logic - can potentially disrupt. Useless to fight - these guys will not listen to you.

Lance_Lake

07 Sep 2016, 01:51

The developer seemed to want to help last time. Perhaps he will again.

dmex
Admin

07 Sep 2016, 09:46

Lance_Lake wrote:
It's happening again. Just got notified that I'm blocked VAC servers.
I'll need the version of Process Hacker you were using and the name of the game are you getting kicked/banned by VAC so I can look into it?
viksoftru wrote:
So what? Process Hacker is a debugger,
There's a somewhat big difference between a debugger (e.g. breakpoints, debug stepping, source-code output, to name a few etc...) and Process Hacker.
Lance_Lake wrote:
from the point of view of developers VAC is evil because Mr. Mikhalkov N.S. promoting notorious "tax on ingot" said "... in the computer, phones, the HDD, printers and other digital devices, users can store or reproduce the copyrighted work, therefore they need to charge a tax for potential copyright infringement! ..." :) then the same logic - can potentially disrupt. Useless to fight - these guys will not listen to you.
What?
Lance_Lake wrote:
The developer seemed to want to help last time. Perhaps he will again.
I'm still working on it... A similar thing happened in 2011 and again in 2013 and it was resolved within two weeks but it's taking a lot longer to resolve this issue for some unknown reason :/

Just let me know what games you're getting kicked/banned from and I'll follow it up :thumbup:

Lance_Lake

07 Sep 2016, 13:17

It was TF2 (though I didn't stay on DOTA2 long enough or start a game to verify that). I was using the latest one (The one the downloaded button downloads).

I'm going to steam dev days in October. If I can, I will see what I can do from the inside to get this ban about process hacker stopped.

viksoftru

07 Sep 2016, 13:53

I agree, then I do not exactly put :(, but judging by the description of the VAC of the mechanism for it any program controlling the work of other (monitor running status, antivirus, debugger) already :) crime, but because for them the user a priori guilty of fraud, and therefore execute, we can not pardon :) and as I heard they just did with the neighbor's son who was Iarsn TaskInfo -. banned, and when he asked for it? supposedly they said he forged their resources in the game and refused to further investigate. Well, what can you do if people are convinced that you are always guilty, and only they are right? :)

Lance_Lake

07 Sep 2016, 13:55

I agree, then I do not exactly put :(, but judging by the description of the VAC of the mechanism for it any program controlling the work of other (monitor running status, antivirus, debugger) already :) crime, but because for them the user a priori guilty of fraud, and therefore execute, we can not pardon :) and as I heard they just did with the neighbor's son who was Iarsn TaskInfo -. banned, and when he asked for it? supposedly they said he forged their resources in the game and refused to further investigate. Well, what can you do if people are convinced that you are always guilty, and only they are right? :)
Truly you have a dizzying intellect.

viksoftru

07 Sep 2016, 15:09

Read VAC manual.:)

orion44
New User

15 Sep 2016, 19:45

I am experiencing the same issue getting kicked out in CS:GO and shown the "VAC yadda yadda BS" message. The interesting thing to note is I'm not actually running Process Hacker at the time. So I believe the VAC check is now scanning for installed programs, not necessarily ones that are running. Steam support advised to uninstall Process Hacker, so I guess I'll just go play WoW: Legion instead...

Lance_Lake

16 Sep 2016, 01:02

I haven't gotten it when I reboot after being kicked.

orion44
New User

27 Sep 2016, 19:38

VAC kicks me when Process Hacker is installed - not just when it's running or KProcessHacker3 driver is enabled. I tested this by rebooting, not opening Process Hacker (driver is disabled) and then opening CS:GO. So like I mentioned previously, I'll just go play another game - I'm not going to uninstall Process Hacker.

sanya567xxx

12 Oct 2016, 19:14

So I'm getting this same shitty error. Both CS:GO and PH are important to me but I guess if this isn't fixed I'll have to forget what PH is and switch to shit that MS gives you..

dmex
Admin

27 Oct 2016, 05:57

orion44 wrote:
VAC kicks me when Process Hacker is installed - not just when it's running or KProcessHacker3 driver is enabled.  I tested this by rebooting, not opening Process Hacker (driver is disabled) and then opening CS:GO.
I'd recommend using the portable release or even simply exporting our source from Github and making the required changes.
sanya567xxx wrote:
I guess if this isn't fixed I'll have to forget what PH is and switch to shit that MS gives you..
There is nothing that we can "fix" considering Process Hacker does not block or interfere with Steam or Valve games whatsoever and you can review our entire source-code on Github. 

cma1216

Temporary disable?

07 Jan 2017, 06:06

Is there a way to temporarily disable PH so that Valves VAC doesnt keep kicking me from CS:GO?

TETYYS
Plugin Developer

Re: Temporary disable?

07 Jan 2017, 11:26

Yes, before turning on CS:GO exit PH. That seems to work for me..

dmex
Admin

Re: VAC banned by Process Hacker

07 Jan 2017, 11:31

TETYYS wrote:
Exiting Process Hacker before starting the game doesn't always work (vide supra). You have to first exit Process Hacker (including antivirus and firewall features) and manually stop our kernel driver (including rootkit detection and termination features) before starting any VAC protected games.
cma1216 wrote:
Is there a way to temporarily disable PH so that Valves VAC doesnt keep kicking me from CS:GO?
No. Valve will continue blocking Process Hacker until our antivirus, firewall, rootkit detection and termination features have been removed. I tried contacting them a few times last year and each time they refused to discuss the issue and stated they will continue banning users for running Process Hacker until the above features have been removed from Process Hacker.

The nightly builds are not currently 'banned' (because they're new) but expect that to change:
https://wj32.org/processhacker/nightly.php

Freeze

07 Jan 2017, 12:33

dmex wrote:
TETYYS wrote:
Exiting Process Hacker before starting the game doesn't always work (vide supra). You have to first exit Process Hacker (including antivirus and firewall features) and manually stop our kernel driver (including rootkit detection and termination features) before starting any VAC protected games.
cma1216 wrote:
No. Valve will continue blocking Process Hacker until our antivirus, firewall, rootkit detection and termination features have been removed. I tried contacting them a few times last year and each time they refused to discuss the issue and stated they will continue banning users for running Process Hacker until the above features have been removed from Process Hacker.

The nightly builds are not currently 'banned' (because they're new) but expect that to change:
https://wj32.org/processhacker/nightly.php
When you talk about banned, do you mean an actual Valve Anti-Cheat ban? So far, I've been using PH since maybe 2014, and I haven't gotten a VAC yet, but I have noticed that you get an authentication error on CS:GO after a short period of time.

They've also stopped allowing me to queue if I leave PH open, saying "My connection isn't stable" when there's zero noise with my connection both in and out of the game, but the moment I restart Steam with PH closed, that is magically fixed.

On the other hand, EAC doesn't block Process Hacker anymore!!! I can actually watch what's causing my game to lag now x_x

ZibbeZabbe
New User

06 Mar 2017, 22:39

Freeze wrote:
07 Jan 2017, 12:33
When you talk about banned, do you mean an actual Valve Anti-Cheat ban?
Not the guy you asked but I got here because I had that problem (20 minutes ago)
It was fine once I uninstalled PH and rebooted (luckily I got back into the game, though I still got the 30 min cooldown because I joined last second possible)

In other words, its a soft VAC ban which means you cant play until you fix it and not the kind that blocks you permanently and stains your profile page.

dmex
Admin

10 Mar 2017, 16:51

Note

Received: Wednesday, 10 February 2016 9:12 AM
To: 'dmex04 ? gmail.com' <dmex04 ? gmail.com>
Subject: Process Hacker and VAC

Hey Steven,

In order for Process Hacker to be compatible with VAC you will need to do
one of two things:

1. Remove edit memory and inject dll ( anything that involves opening
a writeable handle to the process ). Both of these features allow users to
cheat in Steam games therefore we do consider Process Hacker a cheat.

2. To prevent users from getting kicked with the error "An issue with
your computer is blocking the VAC system" while running Process Hacker you
should put up a strong warning every time the user attaches to a process to
edit memory or inject a dll ( writeable handle ) that they can get banned
for cheating by doing that. While users will no longer be kicked for running
Process Hacker they will still be issued a VAC ban if they get a writeable
handle to our game.

We are happy to work with you in order to make Process Hacker compatible
with VAC. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
The VAC Team

Lance_Lake

10 Mar 2017, 16:57

WOOT! :) Sounds like good news. :)

So.. #1. Can you put out a "Steam Safe" version so I can go back to using this and #2, it sounds like people aren't getting kicked anymore for running it or having it installed. I presume getting a writeable handle to the game is something you have to manually do and not something that can happen accidentally. Yes?

Also, it seems like it's already fixed on their end, but the opening paragraph implies it isn't?

Lance_Lake

23 Jun 2017, 18:55

Is this possible to do? What's the status of this because I really want to go back to your program. :)