Process Hacker and Windows discussion

Controversed

Virus Detected

16 Feb 2018, 22:22

I can no longer download or run Process Hacker after the update "1332". My OS blocks it automatically: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 6649-1.png

viksoftru

Re: Virus Detected

17 Feb 2018, 09:14

VirusTotal - ordinary on-duty operation of fly agarics in order to increase their sales level or prevent detection of shortages of their own products, or someone personally is interested in this blockage. I once under a similar pretext "DrWeb says that maybe NSIS will be used to stop the work of other people's programs" on YndexDisk blocked the translation of the installation environment for NSIS 2.4.6-NSIS 2.5.1, and later the same translation was posted on another resource from the name of another person.

HackedProcess
New User

17 Feb 2018, 22:09

Just wanted to chime in and say today when I tried to update to nightly build 1332, Windows Defender flagged it as a virus and blocked installation. Reverting back to Process Hacker 2 worked just fine. This was on Win 10 x64, latest build and Defender updates.

HackedProcess
New User

17 Feb 2018, 23:06

I should also mention that downloading 1332 straight from the official site and running a scan did not trigger an AV alert. It was only when I already had PH installed and attempted to update to 1332 via the application that I received the error. I have not tried running the 1332 installer itself.

savimakwo
New User

20 Feb 2018, 09:43

That thread is all set to impose that virus alert which can detected from our system

dmex
Admin

21 Feb 2018, 02:25

HackedProcess wrote:
17 Feb 2018, 22:09
Windows Defender flagged it as a virus and blocked installation.
It was a false positive. This issue has been fixed in the latest definition update :thumbup: