Chrispm84
Topic Author

Battleye Deems Process Hacker a Cheat Tool

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:46 am

Hi, I would like to inform the creator(s) of Process Hacker, which is awesome btw, that Battleye (Anti-Cheat of the Arma series, DayZ, etc.) have deemed Process Hacker as a cheat tool.

I would like to know what the creator(s) response to this would be. Are Battleye's fears founded? I would think that there are much bigger concerns for them to worry about as far as cheating is concerned. I can't imagine Process Hacker having the ability to really change anything that would be undetectable by them. Will there be any attempt to speak with Battleye about this and perhaps come to some understanding?

I've been using Process Hacker longer than I've played their games. And I really hate it when a company tries to perform surgery with a chainsaw. So, thanks in advance.

TETYYS

Re: Battleye Deems Process Hacker a Cheat Tool

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 am

I recommend Battleye to take their heads out of their ass and realize that if you're the owner of the system, you can do anything with it. The anti-chear component must be on server side, not client side. Client side anti-cheat is useless.

Yes, I sometimes use PH to inject cheat DLLs to games.

Chrispm84
Topic Author

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:34 am

I know that Process Hacker can be used, but I mean who would? This is Arma 2, Arma 3, DayZ... I mean, they have their own dedicated cheating communities. And injectors are a dime a dozen these days. They can never prevent all of them in this fashion. I'm assuming Battleye is looking for known programs that can injector code into private memory. Otherwise Process Hacker would have to be hooking into every process and I wouldn't think it does, though I may be wrong. I would think it would only hook into a process when it needs to. If that's the case, then the validity of this type of prevention seems a little flawed to me. Why hurt legitimate software like Process Hacker when a new FUDed injector can be released in a day or two of detection. It's been a long time since I've been active in these communities so things could be different now, though.

It's just obvious that they're trying to actually compete with VAC now. And VAC doesn't complain about Process Hacker, so it seems like they could get by without going this extreme. I don't know, just seems like chainsaw surgery to me.

dmex

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:15 am

Battleye (Anti-Cheat of the Arma series, DayZ, etc.) have deemed Process Hacker as a cheat tool.
You will not be banned for using Process Hacker with Battleye.

You can continue using Process Hacker with Arma/Battleye without any issues provided you disable the 'Enable kernel-mode driver' option in Settings.

dmex

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:39 pm

I've been discussing this issue with BattlEye... All future versions of our driver will no longer be blocked starting with our next release (v2.39) :thumbup:

DrmWEaver

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:53 pm

No longer blocked if not using the kernel mode driver? Cause it is still being blocked while it's enabled

dmex

Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:47 am

No longer blocked if not using the kernel mode driver? Cause it is still being blocked while it's enabled
The Arma2:OA update was delayed until last week and the update for Arma3 was delayed until earlier today - both updates are now available and both no longer block Process Hacker 2.39 or above - I tested A3 today with 2.39 and there wasn't any issues starting the game like there were previously?

I have the Battleye staff on Skype and we keep in contact, let me know if you're still having issues and I'll ask about it :twisted:

LokeYourLord

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Problem still exists. Starting ARK, BattleEye goes wild (pun intended). Log:

20:44:52: Starting BattlEye Service...

20:44:53: Updating BattlEye Service (NOTE: This may take several minutes to complete)...
20:44:53: Launching game...
20:45:02: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
20:45:02:
Information
Blocked loading of file: "C:\Program Files\Process Hacker 2\kprocesshacker.sys".

Well, that went well didn't it. I currently play without BattleEye, as i play on a Private Server anyway.

This happens with the game ARK: Survival Evolved, in case anyone wondered. Besides, the game actually closes itself upon detection, even if it says "Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.".

dmex

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 pm

The update for ARK and H1Z1 were delayed by the publishers, you'll need to wait until the base game is updated before Battleye can be updated.

I'll update the thread when these games receive the update :P

LokeYourLord

Sun May 08, 2016 1:25 am

The update for ARK and H1Z1 were delayed by the publishers, you'll need to wait until the base game is updated before Battleye can be updated.

I'll update the thread when these games receive the update :P
Whenever that happens, hopefully within the next century.

dmex

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:04 pm

The ARK and H1Z1 publishers have updated their Battleye definitions and you're now able to run Process Hacker without any issues with either game.
Whenever that happens, hopefully within the next century.
Battleye worked with us from day one and addressed various issues very quickly (and even makes use of some more advanced detection methods that we suggested) but the individual game publishers downstream needed time to apply the updated versions of BE to their games.

dmex

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:39 am

The latest BE version unfortunately included a typo that causes KProcessHacker to be blocked.

This has already been fixed internally by BattlEye and is currently undergoing testing... I'll update the thread when the new version has been released.

dmex

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:26 am

The latest BE version unfortunately included a typo that causes KProcessHacker to be blocked.
This issue has been fixed in an update released today.

Feel free to let us know if you're having any issues :thumbup:

chanchan

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:28 pm

07:27:11: Starting BattlEye Service...

07:27:13: Updating BattlEye Service (NOTE: This may take several minutes to complete)...
07:27:14: Launching game...
07:27:23: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
07:27:23: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "\??\C:\Program Files\kprocesshacker.sys".

i still cant play ARK. can i get a help with this pls??

dmex

Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:34 am

07:27:23:
Information
Blocked loading of file: "\??\C:\Program Files\kprocesshacker.sys".

What's the version of C:\Program Files\kprocesshacker.sys?

chancha

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:38 am

07:27:23:
Information
Blocked loading of file: "\??\C:\Program Files\kprocesshacker.sys".

What's the version of C:\Program Files\kprocesshacker.sys?

That's the problem. I can't find the process hacker files in my PC. I didn't remember installing this program and when i try to find its files so that i can uninstall it, i can't find them anywhere in all directories.

viksoftru

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:24 am

I didn't remember installing this program and when i try to find its files so that i can uninstall it, i can't find them anywhere in all directories.
Finde samples: press F3 button (system search), pattern "ProcessHacker.exe", search area "Computer", press Enter and wait result's, then open ProcessHacker dir. :)

junglegunner

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:57 pm

I didn't remember installing this program and when i try to find its files so that i can uninstall it, i can't find them anywhere in all directories.
Finde samples: press F3 button (system search), pattern "ProcessHacker.exe", search area "Computer", press Enter and wait result's, then open ProcessHacker dir. :)
what do you mean could you go into more details