viksoftru

Re: Removed terminator in v2.39?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:16 pm

Stoli

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 am

How about you read the SECOND POST in the SAME THREAD you're posting in before asking unnecessary questions, causing people to get unnecessary email notifications? Talk about "whingers!"

Jason Fossen

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:53 pm

When I give a public demo of Process Hacker at SANS conferences, the Terminator is a fun feature to show. It gets attention and helps raise awareness of the tool.

FYI, I also wrote a Process Hacker lab for a security training course attended by over 1000 people per year that included a step on using the Terminator. It's no big deal to edit the lab, but, again, attendees like playing with that feature.

I hope the Terminator will be added back as it was before, not as an optional plug-in.

Thanks,
J.

cw2k

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:10 pm

When I recently want to use TitanHide a tool to hide the debugger I learned that for years in X64 windows there's something called Kernel Patch Protection.
Microsoft put it there to keep you off messing with ya drivers in some internals like IDT, GDT and stuff.
However read the Wikipedia article - it's not really a protection. And what I've see so far about the KPP is it's nasty BSOD.
So it's in the end that KPP is just bug. Debug it & fix it. :mrgreen:

@ Jason I guess the KPP is probably something that stands there in between you and the beloved PH Terminators feature.
And yesss there is cure:
KPP Destroyer (including source code) - 2015
:D
Test it on my Win7Sp1 X64 and it works fine.

p.s. Later on I noticed that I don't really need kernel mode TitanHide thing since the plugin 'scylla hide' really worked well to get the debugger into some vmprotected targets.

Stoli

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:53 pm

What the hell are you on about? I logged in for this crap?