Process Hacker Discussion Forum

technic-Angel
New User

PSA: You will get banned from Destiny 2 if Process Hacker is detected

21 Jan 2021 18:45

Two days ago Destiny 2 froze on me, I, as I did many times before when a game (Destiny 2 included) use Process Hacker to terminate Destiny 2. I restarted Destiny 2 and about 30 minutes later I get permanently account banned. It's a sad thing as games usually either kick you and/or give you a warning/error when their anti-cheat measures conflict with Process Hacker, but in the case of Bungie, they immediately outright permanently account ban you if it detects Process Hacker running/close Destiny 2. Make sure NOT to run Process Hacker under any circumstances while Destiny 2 is running. I submitted an appeal asking them to do a manual review, explaining them the situation, however I doubt the ban will be overturned.

Shahnewaz
New User

Re: PSA: You will get banned from Destiny 2 if Process Hacker is detected

16 Feb 2021 02:05

This is ridiculous. And looks like Bungie has been doing this for quite some time.
I've played plenty of games, many with or without any form of anti-cheat, but I've yet to encounter one which outright bans you for having a Task Manager replacement.
I was very lucky not to have Process Hacker installed during the short time I played the game, but I won't be trading Process Hacker for one single game which does not play nice.

dmex
Admin

25 Feb 2021 21:32

Shahnewaz wrote: 16 Feb 2021 02:05
I've yet to encounter one which outright bans you for having a Task Manager replacement.
That's because Process Hacker is 100% compatible with anti-cheat since it uses the ObRegisterCallbacks function included with Windows since 2006 limiting Process Hacker from preforming actions that would likely cause problems with anti-cheat.

Bungle however seem to be unfairly targeting Process Hacker users for some unexplained reason despite the fact Process Hacker is compatible with BattlEye, EAC and VAC...

I submitted a support ticket asking for details over a month ago and today received this response threatening to ban my account if I submit another support request:

That's a very scummy response to a serious problem. I'll keep trying to get a response from the company but that might take some time.

technic-Angel
New User

06 Sep 2021 17:17

I have been sent a YouTube video by someone on Reddit a while ago which shows him playing Destiny 2 on a new account with Process Hacker running, and it causes him to get banned immediately after he exists the game and restarts it. I find it extremely scummy how they refuse to give any answers to people actually getting banned like this, however they are perfectly capable of threatening you with a possible future ban if inquired further

https://youtu.be/rzbHH0RfA_s