Process Hacker and Windows discussion

rax

Unable To Open Process hacker 2

31 Oct 2019, 10:35

after the update my process hacker 2 tools when I lunch the tool its show an error UNABLE TO EXECUTE FILE: C:\PROGRAMS FILES\PROCESSHACKER 2\PROCESSHACKER.EXE

Create Process Failed; code 5

Access Denied

Kindly tell me how can I fix it?

Vasilich

Re: Unable To Open Process hacker 2

06 Nov 2019, 11:34

check your antivirus - maybe it is blocking PH?
and what do you mean under "after the update my process hacker 2 tools" - what tools? plugins? or what have you updated? PH2 was last updated in 2016...

Ben

30 Nov 2019, 12:51

Vasilich wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:34
check your antivirus - maybe it is blocking PH?
and what do you mean under "after the update my process hacker 2 tools" - what tools? plugins? or what have you updated? PH2 was last updated in 2016...
Not OP but I think they meant after Windows Defender update. I received the same issue today. It seems Microsoft has categorized PH2 as HackTool:Win64/ProcHack

Andrew

04 Dec 2019, 13:42

Not OP but I think they meant after Windows Defender update. I received the same issue today. It seems Microsoft has categorized PH2 as HackTool:Win64/ProcHack
Yeah, i can confirm it.

The easy fix for now is just go to defender center, look for security history for all entries related to PH, files, registry entries etc and restore or allow everything there, there is a button in lower right on each issue to choose what to do.

akunal

05 Dec 2019, 17:08

Yeah, I don't know why but windows decided to mark it as hack tool.

dave

08 Dec 2019, 18:57

Thanks for this info, good to see it's not a real virus ! However I have tried to access the Defender center in the way instructed but have not succeeded in gaining entry. Any further tips available ?