Process Hacker and Windows discussion

mjb1975
New User

feautures id like to see

04 Dec 2019, 12:32

hey guys. hoping someone can help me with PH. love the tool but one thing is kinda annoying. i do not run any IPV6, but i notice it still binds and shows TCP6 listings. this gets confusing as in the case of seeing 2 135 ports listed and so on. why is this not an OPTION instead of something set? and lastly, do you have any plans to add, or can it even be done, an option to identify what launched a DLLHOST object as in the name or path to the program/service instead of of some long GUID that doesnt give me any info? hopefully someone can get back to me on this and thank you

** one last thing.i would like to see as an OPTION, as in turn on or off or have more control over. please allow us in the NETWORK tab to be able to FILTER TCP flags like rst/time_wait/fin_ack/etc instead of having that as a default

dmex
Admin

Re: feautures id like to see

07 Dec 2019, 09:51

mjb1975 wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 12:32
i do not run any IPV6, but i notice it still binds and shows TCP6 listings. this gets confusing as in the case of seeing 2 135 ports listed and so on. why is this not an OPTION instead of something set?
You need to disable the ipv6 protocol for the network adapter under option 2 here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/900 ... ndows.html

mjb1975
New User

Re: feautures id like to see

07 Dec 2019, 11:05

i appreciate that but i have done all of these already to no avail. i have read further into it on the net and apparently you cannot disable/unbind ipv6 FROM A LOOPBACK, which i beleive is what i am seeing. that is is why a filter option would come in handy