Process Hacker Plugins API reference.
Information contained here about these APIs may be altered or unavailable without notice!
- Discourage forks of Process Hacker.
- Offer user choice - unneeded features do not have to be loaded, decreasing memory usage and improving startup time.
To develop plugins, you need the SDK (processhacker-*-sdk.zip).
Registers a plugin with the Process Hacker plugin system, It specifies the name of your plugin, the base address of the DLL (HINSTANCE from your DllMain routine) allowing Process Hacker to use this address in calls to functions that require a module handle.
PHAPPAPI PPH_PLUGIN NTAPI PhRegisterPlugin( __in PWSTR Name, __in PVOID DllBase, __out_opt PPH_PLUGIN_INFORMATION *Information );
- A string specifying the unique Internal identifier of your plugin. The name should be in the format "Organization.Plugin", e.g. "AcmeCompany.FooBarExplorer".
- The HINSTANCE value from your DllMain routine. This is the base address of the module in memory.
Type: PPH_PLUGIN_INFORMATION *
- A variable which receives a pointer to the plugin's information structure. You can modify this structure to specify the Display Name, Author, Description and Options of your plugin.
- If the function succeeds, the return value is a pointer to the
PH_PLUGINinstance created by Process Hacker.
If the function fails, the return value is NULL.
This function typically fails because another plugin has already been registered with the same name.