Getting started with Process Hacker
Posted: 17 Jan 2011 11:03
Process Hacker is simple to set up. It does not require installation and does not use the registry to store its settings.Download
- Visit this page for a list of downloads. Download the newest file ending with "-bin" (for a portable zip file) or "-setup" (for an installer). If you want the source code, download the "-src" file.
- Extract all files to a folder somewhere on your computer.
- Run ProcessHacker.exe (32-bit) or ProcessHacker64.exe (64-bit). You cannot run the 32-bit version on 64-bit systems and expect it to work properly, unlike most applications.
- You should see a window displaying a list of processes running on your computer.
- Double-click on a process and you will see additional information.
- Click on the other tabs to view services or network connections.